Derek Landy, author of the Skulduggery Pleasant Series which recently won the Irish Book of the Decade, officially relaunched the Writers in Libraries Scheme on Thursday 30 September in the magnificent new Rush Library.
Photograph: Alan Betson, The Irish Times, Friday 1 October 2010
The Writers in Libraries Scheme, established by the Arts Council in 1985, will provide funding for imaginative literary programming, with a focus on teenagers, in libraries across the country. The Scheme will encourage libraries to partner with local and national literary festivals, resource organisations, and will also encourage libraries to use digital and social media. The Scheme is co-funded by the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon and the An Chomhairle Leabharlanna/Library Council, and is managed and administered by Poetry Ireland/Éigse Éireann.
For information on funding and application procedures and criteria please continue reading below.
Further information from E firstname.lastname@example.org and T 01 4758605/ 4758601
Writers in Libraries Scheme Project Information
Funding amounts may vary, but in general will not exceed €3,000.
Drawdown of funding will be by agreement with the individual Library Authority
Project Application - The first phase of the re-launched Writers in Libraries Scheme will run for 1 year from September 2010 – August 2011. Applications will be open from 30 September 2010 to the 5 November 2010.
Project Selection - November 2010, by a panel including members from An Chomhairle Leabharlanna/ The Library Council,The Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon
Ealaíon and Poetry Ireland/ Éigse Éireann.
Project Implementation - All projects must be finished by August 2011.
Criteria for application and participation
Projects must display and present
· evidence of a focus on the needs and interests of teen readers
· a well thought thorough proposal (in a maximum of 4 pages/1,500 words)
· evidence of the participation of associate partners and partnership funding
· evidence of being part of the Library’s Teen Reader Development Strategy
· evidence of the central participation of a writer/storyteller
· evidence of a focus on the promotion of literature
· display strategies for employing digital media as part of the project
· a willingness to participate in an evaluation of the project
· Applications must be made directly to Poetry Ireland Writers in Libraries Scheme at 2 Proud’s Lane, off St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2
· · Final selection of projects will be by a 3 person selection committee representing Poetry Ireland, The Library Council and The Arts Council
· Projects will be rated on a scoring system based on the above criteria for application
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the 2 PAGE Writers in Libraries Scheme Application Form