more active than this forum
    their site is being upgraded this week
    give it a go
    try my deserted blog at www.luabu.com
    i updated it
  2. shane cusack
    14-02-2009 11:00 PM
    shane cusack
    This forum can be fucking excrutiating at times espesially if you are serious about poetry which i believe you are 100%.Take a brake if you need to but i would be very sorry to see go for good as i think we have a mutual respect for each others writing and i think you bring an honesty and a true critical eye, not to mention your own tallent to this forum.
    I hope you continue to post here and and remain someone who i can talk to who is is on the same wave-lenght.Best SC.
  3. Thomas Mc Donald
    14-02-2009 10:44 PM
    Thomas Mc Donald
    Thanks Shane
    i think the forum is important for people learning poetry and seeking advice/i found as i engaged with the forum that my poetry was changing /it is becoming more literary and informed but not necessarily better.
    you have a unique style that should be protected and if i were you i would avoid well intentioned imput from the forum effecting what you have especially that concerning grammar language punctuation etc etc
    it is always good to take on board how people feel about the poem ie do they like it etc
    what about that story about the murder in the car /why not do what you did with your latest post and make it longer/get it published or something/I'm giving the forum a rest for a while
    if you want me to look at something my email is on the website luabu.com
  4. Thomas Mc Donald
    14-02-2009 10:00 PM
    Thomas Mc Donald
    hi Shane
    if you get a chance have a look at my post /what are words worth/you are quite a word smith and may be able to answer the question at the top of the poem/it is a question that is making me consider writing through art or another language other than english /my first love is irish
    thanks
  5. Thomas Mc Donald
    07-02-2009 06:55 PM
    Thomas Mc Donald
    hi shane that joie de vivre thing
    i posted the first version half done/next day i tried to improve it and posted the second one /sorry for the confusion/hope poets don't prefer the first one or i'll be worried thanks for looking
  6. Thomas Mc Donald
    06-02-2009 12:09 AM
    Thomas Mc Donald
    hi shane did you check the link i sent you
    There's a phrase up our way its called
    call a spade a spade
    we get on great with each other because of it
    i know exactly what your are saying and if there are not enough like minded people about this place i will be gone
    i'll let you know before i go
    help kevo with the valentine poem disaster /i dare you and good luck with that poem about weapons
    an obscure thread that shocked and scared me was the poem about the cat blue/even i wasn't going there
    thanks
  7. shane cusack
    05-02-2009 11:59 PM
    shane cusack
    Hi thomas, i couldnt help notice that you are frighteningly honest about poems you read and that you you give them a bloody going over when you feel its the right thing to do.
    I also came to this forum with the same aproach. be warned, i think i might have upset some people- i have been named and shamed in some discussions! so please never become discouraged from telling it like it is. keep up the good work.
  8. shane cusack
    04-02-2009 02:23 PM
    shane cusack
    Thanks Thomas, Didn't realise you were a Dundalk man.
    Fair play to ya for being strait with Windhover, i dont think honesty makes a person very popular on this site, but thats not what we're here for, so keep it up!! all the best for now.
  9. shane cusack
    04-02-2009 02:22 PM
    shane cusack
    Thanks Thomas, Didn't realise you were a Dundalk man.
    Fair play to ya for being strait with Windhover, i dont think honesty makes a person very popular on this site, but thats not what we're here for!! all the best for now.
  10. shane cusack
    04-02-2009 10:46 AM
    shane cusack
    Thomas, I am a regular visitor to Southill in Limerick, (i know Shane G. was a moyross man), I have in laws in that part of the world, I grew up in Drimnagh where there is a bloody on going feud,in fact two people who i would have known in passing were both murdered as a result, one was a true gentleman, not mentioning names for obvious reasons.
    The fact is that the poem Made man describes quite accurately the type of get rich quick no matter what scum bags that unfortunately tarnish our cities today. I am a pacifist, i wasn't always, but it takes a few beatings to realise that voilence is worthless. That said i think it only perfectly fair to call these people, who robbed a young innocent mans future,and that of his family, -scum. I think the only problem was that he called the poem a Dedication when, as someone rightly said it is probably more a show of solidarity. I hope that explains why i could relate to and admire the poem Made-Man.