Cost breakdown for Writers in Schools single visits.
|A type visit
|B type visit*
|Cost to school||€100/ £85||€200/ £170|
|Cost to Writers in Schools||€100 + travel||€200 + travel|
|Fee to writer||€200 + travel||€400 + travel|
*B type visits are for special projects, with multi-school involvement or with a single group, and must be discussed with the WIS Office prior to application.
- The school does not pay the writer directly.
- No visit will be funded unless it has been applied for and approved. The school and writer will receive written confirmation and evaluation forms as notification of approval of funding.
- Visits cannot be funded retrospectively.
- The cheque for the school’s portion of the writer’s fee should be sent to the Writers in Schools office, with the school evaluation form, within one week of the date of the visit.
- Cheques should be made payable to the Writers in Schools Scheme (Republic of Ireland) or Writers in Schools NI Scheme (Northern Ireland). The writer will then be paid their full fee and travel expenses by Writers in Schools.
- Should the school wish the writer to stay longer than the sanctioned visit duration, it is the school’s responsibility to cover the extra costs.
|Travel Expenses for Writers
(paid by Writers in Schools)
|300 miles +||€150.00|