Plan an Event
If you're planning to organise an online event on Poetry Day Ireland, we've put together some hints and tips to help get you started.
Wondering where to begin? Well here are some ideas and information to help get the creative juices flowing:
- A classic poetry reading can take place online using video conferencing
- Organise a Poetry Slam online and get established, emerging and novice spoken word/slam artists heard
- Host an online open mic night for poets, writers, and even musicians to share their work online to an appreciative audience
We'll do our best to help get you started with your online event with some helpful technical tips - see Get in Touch below.
How to promote your event
Get your online event out there! Spend time thinking about how you'll use your network of contacts to promote your event. There is a number ways to do this, see below:
- » Register your event with us as soon as possible so that we can list it on our What's On page and include it in national and regional press releases.
- Provide at least words of great copy to describe your event. Make it exciting, thrilling, engaging, or even, humorous. Ask yourself 'why would someone want to go to this event?'
- Images speak louder than words. Be sure to have a suitable image to compliment your event, keep in mind that poetryireland.ie needs images that are 616 x 400 pixels. We're happy to resize your images for you, but they need to be large enough and of a high resolution. Submit to email@example.com.
- » Download the Poetry Day Ireland logo to use when promoting your event
- » Download the Poetry Day Ireland poster to use when promoting your event - coming soon!
- A Facebook event page is a great way to get free publicity. There are so many free events listing sites online to avail of such as www.visitdublin.com, www.discoverireland.ie, www.writing.ie and www.enjoyireland.ie.
- Get in touch with your local paper and see if they will cover your local event. Also arts organisation have fantastic resources to promote local events in the area.
Poetry Ireland is running a marketing, advertising and PR campaign to connect poetry and people on Poetry Day Ireland. We will promote online events across the country and around the world on our website, as well as issue national and regional press releases for Poetry Day Ireland.
Register your event
Event registration can be found here.