Want to join the @LabeLLit experiment for #PoetryDayIRL?
This year poet Maria McManus & sound artist Una Lee introduce the @LabeLLit Digi M'app, an online sound map of poems. @LabeLLit Digi-M’app includes poets within Ireland, as well as the diaspora, bringing an international and digital dimension to Poetry Day Ireland 2019. Looking for 50 poets (world-wide) each leaving luggage labels with their own original poems of 'place' in public spaces. We will make a digital PoetryM’app, so that the people who find the labels can listen to the whole poet in the poet’s voice, in an accompanying sound file. The poems you choose must tell the truth about the place you write about and dare to travel distance. How far will you go?
For an example of what we mean See Hear (sic): http://www.poetrymapp.com
50 poets will be selected and will be sent 20 special luggage labels. On top of that a ‘pack’ with labels, guidance for making your voice files, what to do with your poetry labels, and all the necessaryinformation you need to take part on the 2nd May 2019.
* Mark the subject line of your email: Expression of Interest @LabeLLit Digi M’app
* Tell us in no more than 100 words:
- A little about who you are
- Where you are in the world (full address please – so we can send labels if you’re selected)
- Where your poem(s) relate(s) to – maximum of 2 and must be your own original work!
- Remind us, if you’ve taken part before
- Your Twitter name (essential)
- Your Instagram ( if you have one)
Email expressions of interest to Maria & Una at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd March 2019
What to expect on Poetry Day 2019? Up to 50 poets (world-wide) are invited to plant luggage labels with poems of 'place' in unexpected public locations. Members of the public can then use the LabeLLit Digi-M’app to locate the poems, and enjoy them in real life or through the app! The chosen poems must tell the truth of the place and dare to travel further afield. Where will you discover poetry on Poetry Day Ireland?