Schools Awards in Bray
As part of Poetry Town Bray, Schools Awards took place, with primary and secondary school students invited to submit poems in six different categories. They could write a poem about their town, a local place, or a person from the area.
Schools in the town were contacted with details of how the Awards work. Entries opened on 3 September and closed at midnight on 30 September.
About the Awards
Awards entries were judged anonymously. An independent adjudicator was appointed for each town shortlisted the submissions, and Poetry Ireland made the final decisions on the awards.
Full information, including details of the categories, can be found on the Rules and Conditions of Entry PDF.
Winners - Bray
We're delighted to announce the winners in the Bray Poetry Town School Awards:
- Niamh Arcan (St Patrick's Loreto Primary - 5th/6th class category) with her poem 'Sidmonton Park'
- Murray Sheehan (St Gerard's Bray - 5th/6th year category) with his poem 'They're Dancing on the Beaches'
- Olivia Vondrys (St Gerard's Bray - 1st/2nd year category) with her poem 'Éire Duit'
- Lucy Curran (St Gerard's Bray - 1st/2nd year category) with her poem 'My Town is Every Town'
- Amber O'Donoghue (St Gerard's Bray - 1st/2nd year category) with her poem 'Someone in my Village'