Fingal County Council, Tyrone Guthrie Centre and Bealtaine Festival Residency Award 2023Deadline: 27 Mar 2023
Fingal Arts Office, in association with The Tyrone Guthrie Centre and Bealtaine Festival, is pleased to announce two, month-long, residencies at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre. These residences aim to celebrate and support older artists at all stages of their careers working in literature and visual arts.
The residencies will offer a professional visual artist and a professional writer the opportunity to research or develop new work and, if desired, to present work during Bealtaine 2024. The award is open to writers and visual artists working in all disciplines. Fingal Arts Office, the Tyrone Guthrie Centre and the Bealtaine Festival welcome and encourage applications from writers and visual artists from diverse cultural or minority backgrounds.
The aim of the residency opportunity is to address Fingal Arts goals, through its Arts Plan 2020 – 2025, of: connecting people and ideas; enabling excellence and fostering experimentation and risk taking. These residencies similarly support the Bealtaine Festivals aim of celebrating creative ageing, and representation in the arts of and by older people. This initiative also supports the three organisations aim to foster the professional development of artists in their ongoing practice.
The residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, located in the beautiful, tranquil setting of County Monaghan will provide an ideal environment to focus on research or the development of new work. Applicants have the option to apply for a one-month long residency or two separate 2-week long residencies between June and December 2023 at a date to be agreed with the successful candidates.
The Residency will include:
· En Suite accommodation and full board in the Big House at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre will be provided for a professional writer on agreed selected dates from June – December and includes quiet writing space.
· En Suite accommodation and full board in the Big House at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre will be provided for a visual artist on agreed selected dates from June – December 2023.
· Use of a visual art studio or a print studio (for artists working in print).
· A stipend of €960 for travel and material costs.
· Applicants must have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area.
· Applicants must be aged 50+.
· The successful applicants must be able to commit to their agreed chosen dates for the residency.
For further information on the Tyrone Guthrie Centre and the Bealtaine Festival please see www.tryoneguthrie.ie www.bealtaine.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications: Mon 27th March at 4pm
For further information on the award and to apply please visit www.fingalarts.ie/news or www.fingal.ie/arts