Enter the 4th annual Jester to the Kingdome Humorous Verse Competition. 16 finalists will be invited to Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland to perform their compositions in front of a live audience and a panel of judges for the finals on Friday, October 18th 2019 in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
The finals take place at the Kerins O’Rahilly clubhouse, Tralee, with music and dancing by Beautiful Noise until late.
€400 in prize money to be given out on the night, with the first prize winner being crowned JESTER TO THE KINGDOM for 2019/20.
All types of poetry welcome, rhyming, free verse, sonnets, ballads etc provided they have humourous content.
• Poems must be the sole work of the entrant (although someone else can read on the night)
• Submissions must be suitable for a family audience.
• There are no maximum number of words/lines but not over ten minutes in duration.
• Please send a fee of €5.00 with each poem submitted.
• Finalists (or their proxy) must be available to travel to Tralee, County Kerry to read/perform on October 18th, 2019. Tralee is easily reached by Bus Eireann and Irish Rail, or flights from Ryanair and Aer Lingus.
Please send your entry as an attachment to email@example.com with the title of poem, your name and address, telephone number and email address, as well as a cover letter and proof that the entry fee has been paid. The 5EUR entry fee should be paid via PayPal to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries may also be sent by post, with cheque/postal order for €5 payable to Sonia Elston to:
The Glandore Gate, Ardfert,
Co. Kerry, Ireland
Sifting Judge: Sonia Elston.
Judges on the night: Noel King, and two yet to be appointed.
Contact Sonia Elston at email@example.com for further information.