The autumn issue of Modern Poetry in Translation will have an Extinction focus. The publication welcomes translated poems from any language about threatened species and ecosystems, and also hopes to give a platform to translations from indigenous and endangered languages.
- Modern Poetry in Translations publishes translations of unpublished poetry (and not original English-language poetry) from any age, but a preference for contemporary work.
- Submissions may comprise of up to six poems.
- The work sent in should not have been previously published elsewhere.
- The responsibility for clearing rights and permissions for translated works, and the payment of any related fees, lies with the translator. Please note that copyright law varies from country to country and that it can take time to clear permissions.
- Copyright for work appearing in MPT rests with the contributor and with MPT.
- Bear in mind, when seeking permissions, that work of yours, if published in MPT, will be accessible on-line to our digital subscribers, made available as an e-book, and it may also be selected to appear on the website. Permissions should cover electronic and print versions of the magazine, and digital reproduction.
Deadline: 31 July 2019