First Prize is the Ledwidge plaque (a keepsake) inscribed with the winner’s name & cash prize. Cash prizes and books for second and third. Merit certificates for finalists.
In addition, the winner will be invited to read at the annual Francis Ledwidge Commemoration at the National War Memorial Gardens in July 2021
• The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into following the results; entry implies compliance with this rule.
• Poems must be the competitor’s own work, not previously published or broadcast.
• Poems should not exceed 40 lines of type
• Entry fee: €5 per poem: 4 for €15
• Max. 6 poems payable to the Inchicore Ledwidge Society
• Name and address and telephone number on a separate sheet.
• S.A.E. or Email address for winners list. Poems will not be returned.
All entries must be submitted before 5 November 2020 to
The Francis Ledwidge International Poetry Award 2020
C/o 20, Emmet Crescent.
Inchicore, Dublin 8
Winners will be notified and results will be announced at the annual awards night in December. Enquiries 0858497531 / Facebook