The John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize awards an outstanding debut poetry book collection by a single poet in the English language. The prize is valued at €10,000 and will be adjudicated by a panel of judges nominated by the John Pollard Foundation, and the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre in the School of English, Trinity College Dublin.
The selection panel will be chaired by the Director of the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre (or nominee) at Trinity College Dublin. The prize will be administered by the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre in association with the Trinity School of English.
· The 2022 prize will be awarded to a first book of poetry published originally in the English language between October 1st 2020 and October 18th 2021.
· Only single-authored books are eligible.
· A book shall be defined as having at least 48 pages.
· A publisher may submit one nomination for the prize.
· The winner must be available to accept the prize in person in Trinity College Dublin.
Submission by the publisher should consist of a PDF copy of the book and a brief author biography (200 words maximum) and should be send to: email@example.com (subject line: JP Prize Submission).
The deadline for submissions is 18 October 2021. The winner of the award will be announced during Trinity Week 2022.