This competition opens for entries on 1 December 2019 and closes on 12 February 2020.
Entries are only accepted online by email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry Fee: €5 per poem or €10 for three poems.
• The poem/poems must be attached as a single Word document
• Please type Trim Poetry Competition in the subject line of the email.
• The body of the email must include the PayPal transaction number, the entrant's name, address, phone number, and title/titles of the entered poems.
• The poems should be in Times New Roman, 12 point, single spacing and must not exceed 60 lines (excluding title and stanza breaks). The name of the entrant must not appear on the poems themselves.
• All poems must be the original work of the entrant, written in English. Poems must not have been previously published, self-published or published on a website, or broadcast. Entrants must be 18 years or over.
All poems are judged completely anonymously, and judges read all entries. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into regarding those decisions. Current members of Boyne Writers Group are not eligible to enter.
The judges are: Orla Fay, editor of Boyne Berries, and Michael Farry, former editor of Boyne Berries.
The judges’ shortlist of ten will be announced towards the end of February 2019 . Shortlisted poets only will be notified by email and invited to read their poems at Trim Poetry Festival, Co. Meath, Ireland, on Saturday afternoon 14 March 2020.
The prize for the winner is 500 euro. Two runners-up will recieve 100 euro each.
The prize-winner of the competition will be announced during the festival. The winner and the other short-listed poems will be published in Boyne Berries 27 which will be launched on Friday 13 March 2020..